Firefox issue with replying

• Sometimes I cannot reply a post with firefox, maybe there is something conflicting with current version of the forum, just a quick FYI.

FF version: 36.0

Thanks,

Leo

Posted 3/2/2015 @ 8:51 PM
    • Posted by Leo L
    • Joined on 3/2/2015
    • 58 total posts
  • Hi Leo,

What happens when you try to reply? Does the page simply post back with no results?

Do you see / did you check the "I'm not a robot" box? 

Posted 3/4/2015 @ 8:09 AM
    • Posted by James Stout
    • Joined on 3/4/2015
    • 1175 total posts
  • I also cannot use the forum with Firefox. I contacted support, who referred me to sales, who referred me back to support. Luckily, I discovered it seems to work in Chrome. And yes, I think the not a robot box has something to do with it. I can't even see that box in FF and didn't know it was there until I used Chrome. Previously I had no issues with FF. (Actually SeaMonkey in my case, but same codebase).

When trying to post, the page just refreshes and does not actually submit.

Note: I just discovered the same behaviour can be replicated in Chrome if you forget to check the "I'm not a robot" box - which then disappears and you have to close the browser and re-open to see it again.

Posted 3/25/2015 @ 9:04 AM
    • Posted by lcs
    • Joined on 3/25/2015
    • 324 total posts
  • I can confirm the behavior, if you click Add Reply without checking off the reCaptcha box. When the postback returns the page, the reCaptcha box is missing.

However, to get it back, just click in the address bar and press enter. It does a new request to the page instead of a refresh, which also posts data. When you reload it, you have to avoid the post. When you do this, copy your reply out so you don't lose the text.

This isn't a solution, just a workaround, but at least it should prevent you from having to close and re-open the browser.

Also, I use PaleMoon, a Mozilla branch, so I am not using a straight Moz. FireFox branch either.

Posted 3/25/2015 @ 9:37 AM
    • Posted by Daved
    • Joined on 3/25/2015
    • 134 total posts

What Do You Think of our New Design?

Have more to say? We’d love to hear it!